’14 International Champions Cup Finals in Miami
Relevent Sports, a division of RSE Ventures, unveiled the full schedule for the 2014 Guinness International Champions Cup on Thursday, the second year of the fiercely contested eight team soccer extravaganza taking place this summer in 13 cities across the United States from July 26 to August 4. The round-robin tournament features two groups, divided evenly for round-robin play. All teams will play at least three matches in the tournament with the winner of Group A and Group B, based on point total, meeting in the finals.
The eight participating squads include international club teams from Spain, England, Italy and Greece. Following is a list of all participating teams with their corresponding groups:
|Real Madrid CF – Group A||Manchester City – Group B|
|Manchester United – Group A||Liverpool FC – Group B|
|AS Roma – Group A||AC Milan – Group B|
|Inter Milan – Group A||Olympiacos – Group B|
|This year’s Guinness International Champions Cup features many of the world’s top players alongside the most storied and successful European clubs. The eight teams feature five of the 2013-2014 23 Ballon D’or nominees, including the winner, Cristiano Ronaldo, as well as 38 of the world’s top 100 players as chosen yearly by renowned English magazine 4-4-2. Furthermore, the eight participating teams have won a total of 150 domestic league titles, 88 domestic cup titles and 27 UEFA Champions League titles, making this the largest collection of soccer star-power ever in the U.S.|
Following is a list of all matches, including time, date, location and TV information:
- Saturday, July 26: Real Madrid CF v. Inter Milan (3 p.m. MST, Fox Sports 2) – University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix, Arizona
- Saturday, July 26: Manchester United v. AS Roma (2 p.m. MST, FOX) – Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado
- Tuesday, July 29: Manchester United v. Inter Milan (7 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) – FedEx Field, Washington D.C.
- Tuesday, July 29: Real Madrid CF v. AS Roma (8:15 p.m. CST, Fox Sports 1) – Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas
- Saturday, August 2: Inter Milan v. AS Roma (1 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 2) – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Saturday, August 2: Real Madrid CF v. Manchester United – TBD
- Thursday, July 24: Olympiacos v. AC Milan (8 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) – TBD
- Sunday, July 27: AC Milan v. Manchester City (4 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) – Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Sunday, July 27: Liverpool FC v. Olympiacos (5 p.m. CST, Fox Sports 1) – Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
- Wednesday, July 30: Manchester City v. Liverpool FC (7 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 1) – Yankee Stadium, New York, New York
- Saturday, August 2: Olympiacos v. Manchester City (2 p.m. CST, Fox Sports 2) – TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Saturday, August 2: AC Milan v. Liverpool FC (6:30 p.m. EST, Fox Sports 2) – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
-Winner Group A v. Winner Group B (8PM ET, Fox Sports 1) – Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida
Tickets for this event can be found by CLICKING HERE
Further details about the Guinness International Champions Cup can be found at www.internationalchampionscup.com. Teams required to qualify for 2014-15 international competition based on 2013-14 domestic league finishing position may be subject to change.